Organizations Meowzzz supports
Paws for a Cause:
The following are the organizations I have chosen to donate to:
- Anjellicle Cats: This is the organization that took my little noodle in (before I adopted her); they paid for her her shots, all medical and then wouldn't let me adopt her until they knew she'd be safe. They're a fantastic organization and I'm so grateful to them. I've earmarked 10% of the profits of the "Me-effin-Ow" T-shirts for them.
- The Young Center for Immigrant Children's Rights* - I've earmarked 25% of the profits of the "Mew York - Statue of Liberty" Shirts for this organization. The Young Center is a champion for the rights and best interests of unaccompanied immigrant children, making sure that wherever they land, whether here in the U.S. or in their home country, they are safe. They have been working tirelessly for years to make sure that young children are often trafficked or fleeing abuse are protected as they go through our system.
- The ACLU - No matter what side of the aisle you're on, the ACLU is there to protect our civil rights. I've earmarked 10% of the profits of the "I Said Meow" t-shirt series to this organization.
- Me Too Movement: I am Woman, hear me roar. If I need to say more, you're not paying attention. I've earmarked 10% of the profits of the "#meowtoo" T-shirts to this organization.
- Planned Parenthood: This organization is a fierce supporter of women's rights. I've earmarked 10% of the profits of "Never Underestimate the Power of the Pussy" t-shirt to PP.
- glaad: a Rainbow is large and beautiful. 10% of the profit sof the Rainbow t-shirt is earmarked to glaad.
- Black Lives Matter: 10% of the profits of all laser art will be donated to the Black Lives Matter movement.
- Feeding America: 10% of the profits of all Mew York Big Apple tees will be donated to the Feeding Amercia.
I welcome your suggestions for others as I move forward with new designs. Note that donations will be distributed on a quarterly basis.
*Maria Woltjen, who runs the Young Center, is married to my cousin Alex (another champion of human rights).